Tuesday 5 August 2008

We Looked Beautiful





Hannibal Murphy



above is what I wore

On Saturday a party was thrown in honour of Lynn's **th birthday. The theme was 'Dress as Something Beginning with 'L'". So after much deliberation (Pauline: 'Labrador!' 'Lizard!!) we plumped for 'Lunatic' (me) and Hannibal Lecter (her). I had originally decided to dress as Bertie Bassett as he is a licorice Allsort but decided that this would be a) too tricky and b) too hot.

I wore a straitjacket, pyjama-type trousers and a LOT of hideous facepaint, Pauline wore a fetching boiler suit and the mask above. The taxi driver laughed when he saw us - what do you think we'd walk the streets of Winchester like that?? Jan dressed as Lara Croft, Lynn was a Lady Who Lunches and I spotted Garry & Maurice in fuzzy coloured wigs and announced they were Lemon & Lime. Sadly there are no pictures of us at said event. We didn't actually stay that long as I became too full of gin and deserved a good kicking.

We did stay in a lovely hotel: The Gifford House Hotel. I've stayed there before and it really is lovely with loads of antiques everywhere and a fantastic breakfast. They only had 1 room left so we had to stay in the DeLuxe room. We had 2 bathrooms and the biggest bed I think I have ever seen. It must have been 7 feet wide and P said she still had no room as I had sprawled all over it. As usual.

Next day we braved the pissing rain and visited Winchester Cathedral. P bought me a lovely new cost - well when I say 'coat' I really mean a transparent plastic poncho which no, I didn't feel at all stupid wearing. Actually I didn't care. At least I wasn't soaked to the bone.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I really, really would have like to see photos of that event! Surely somebody took some, if only for blackmail purposes...Fionna