Wednesday 4 February 2009

I am the same age as:

For years I have been making a mental note of 'Things the Same Age As Me' . I think it all started when I discovered that I am the same age as that emporium of class retailing: The Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre and the blockbuster movie of the year which featured 'children' dressed in curtains: 'The Sound of Music'. But woah noah it doesn't stop there. Pizza Express is the same age as me.

Classic Record label with albums by 'various artists' - 'Music for Pleasure' is also the same age as me.


The Post Office Tower
(I refuse to call it BT Tower as it is simply not a good enough name) was opened the year I was born. The government only admitted in the 1980's that the Tower had been used for secret communication. And everyone said, 'Oh so that's why there are loads of bloody great radars stuck all over it'. My girlfriend's Dad built The Post Office Tower.


Another notable film was also released in the year of my birth and it also stars Julie Andrews: 'Mary Poppins'. This film is most famous though for containing the worst Cockney accent ever recorded, Dick Van Dyke's cheekie chappie window sweep's "Eeeere Mawryee Pawppinz".

Mary Quant invented mini- skirts that year, and betamax video recorders were also invented.
The Rolling Stones were at number one the week I was born.

And here's an old video of a fantastic song released that year.
Do you know which year it was yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She looks totally stoned. Ah, the 60's.
Fionna