Friday 1 May 2009

Again! Again! Again!

Sock Monkey has been at it again. Last week we went to see Camera Obscura for the n'th time in as many months. I think I am turning into some sort of groupie.

This time they were performing at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. Not my favourite of venues but never mind. We managed to position ourselves right at the railing beside the bar so we weren't all squashed and had a great view. Result!

The support was from another Scottish band called Attic Lights. Never heard of them before but they were really good! They gave a great energetic performance. Will definitely need to check out some of their stuff.

Then My-Favourite-Band-in-the-World took to the stage hooray!
This was the 2nd time I've seen them perform songs from their new album 'My Maudlin Career' (charted at no 32 this week - I can't remember the last time I bought an album the day it was released - think I may have been about 18!) and, after listening to it several times in preparation for the gig, I can now confirm that my favourite song from it is 'Swans'. I know everyone has been raving abut their new single 'French Navy' but that one doesn't do it for me.

Guess what? Tracyanne smiled. She actually smiled several times!

I s
aw an interview with her this week where she said that she actually does feel quite maudlin a lot of the time. Well (and this is a bit bad) but I hope she never starts taking prozac or anything because I'm sure she wouldn't be able to write such beautiful lyrics if she did.

As usual they were bloody brilliant, I had a great time and they still didn't perform Suspended from Class - ha ha. One day I'll hear it live then be all disappointed lol.

Anyway here they are from that very evening performing Honey in the Sun Do enjoy.


No comments: