Monday 18 May 2009

Tatie Pot

My Mum was a fantastic cook.

I remember her teaching me how to cook loads of things but Tatie Pot is my favourite.

When you have roast lamb for your Sunday lunch and you have some left over you can have the best dinner on Monday. My Dad always used to say "I love it when we have Lamb on Sunday and we have Tatie Pot on Monday."

This is how you cook it:
  • Slice the remnants of the lamb and layer it in a dish.
  • Slice an onion and layer that on top of the lamb.
  • Peel and slice a potato. Layer that on top of the onions.
  • Pour some gravy over the layers.
  • Stick it in the oven and leave it there until the potatoes are cooked.

Serve with no vegetables and some tomato or brown sauce if you like. Its bloody lovely.

I remember telling my Mum the first ever time I cooked it. I was so pleased with myself.

Both of my parents have gone now but Tatie Pot always reminds me of Mum & Dad. And I have a nice dinner.

No comments: