Friday 11 April 2008

Sock Monkey has been out almost every night this week



Sock Monkey is a bit knackered today. It has been a v busy week.

Monday - sat on arse and watched tv. So far the week was quite relaxing

Tuesday - P and I went to see
The Woman in Black. at the Fortune Theatre. I've seen it twice before but P has never seen it. It is such a good play. A good old fashioned Victorian Ghost Story. A solicitor has to go to sort out the estate of a recently deceased old woman who lived in splendid isolation in a creepy old house. It starts off gently enough but during the second act the tension is slowly cranked up until it reaches a cresendo. Then just when you think 'phew that was a bit creepy' there's a nasty twist at the end. The Fortune Theatre is a great stage for it as this is a creeky old Victorian theatre.

When I saw it last year there was a herd of teenageers in on a school trip. As is their want the silly little girls appeared to have a 'who can scream the loudest' competition. They pre-empted every creepy bit, screaming blue murder which completely ruined the atmosphere and no-one could hear a word the actors said for the entire second act. Thankfully this time the school party who were seated all around us were very well behaved. In fact I felt a bit sorry for the nice, polite boy sitting beside me who literally jumped out of his seat at one point and grabbed his girlfriend!

Wednesday - Sock Monkey accompanied Marie to view her first flats. She is attempting to buy and has idiotically decided to ask Foxtons to search for her. I suggested that perhaps this wasn't the best idea. True to form, they showed her 2 properties which were vastly above her budget and were dumps in nasty areas. They did that to me when I was viewing to buy. Pass me a bargepole so I can refuse to touch them with it. Anyway, afterwards we went for a nice drink and a good ol' laugh. I hadn't seen her for about a year and we had loads to catch up on.


Thursday - Sock Monkey and Andrew went to see The Orphanage
www.theorphanagemovie.com/ It is soooo good! It is quite creepy but actually it is really sad. And the little boy looked so much like my nephew George it made it worse!

Tonight I am accompanying 'The Girls' on a visit to Clare's new flat. She lives in a lovely new, very high up flat which overlooks where the Olympic Stadium will be. I shall be purchasing Twister at lunch time so we can have some relaxing after- dinner entertainment.

Tomorrow - P and I are going to the theatre or the cinema depending on what tickles our fancy.

Don't even try to imagine how much I have spent on taxis this week...

No comments: