Sunday 2 November 2008

I Love Crystal Palace!

Sock Monkey moved to Crystal Palace just over 2 years ago and Sock Monkey LOVES it here!

When I went to Tesco yesterday the girl who always ends up serving me saw me in the aisle and said, "Hello Madam. How are you today?"

Every time I walk past the chip shop the man waves at me gives a big grin, waves and shouts, "Hi! How are you?"

I bought my washing machine from 'Mike's Cookers' and ever since when I walk past they also shout 'Hi. How are you!"

The lady at the chemist is lovely. she is always hoovering the place when I go in. Her daughter works there, too. She is a right laugh.

The local pizza takeaway had to closed for ages and whilst they were doing it up I always asked the owner how he was doing. Now that they have opened he always says hello when I walk past. They do the BEST pizzas ever!

I just went to the local shop to get bin bags, Brillo pads & cigarettes. The man said "That's Eight Pounds Eighty-Three. Give me Eight Pounds". One time I forgot my purse and the nice man said, "Just pay me the next time you are in."

I feel like I sorta know everyone round here and feel so at home.

People who don't live in London seem to think it is a really unfriendly, anonymous place but in reality its just a whole lot of little places all sellotaped together and when you live in one area for any length of time you get to know all the locals.

I like living here and am so glad I decided to buy my flat in this area. And I do like my neighbours (well except for 'The Undesirables' across the hall!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sound so contented, thats really nice xxx

Anonymous said...

The Undesirable are still there??

redhairedqueer said...

Have you seen there's a new god-botherers shop opening on Anerley Hill? Makes a change from cyber cafes!

Cynnie said...

oh, its just like in Los Angeles..you have your own little world and its not as scary as you'd think .
Its nice to think the world has some things in common.

Sock Monkey - Throw Me a Banana! said...

God Botherers moving in?? Well I hope they don't clap too loudly.