Monday 24 November 2008

Spy Monkey - 'Cooped'


Didn't tell you about this either. After I saw them in Miss Behave's Variety Nighty at the Roundhouse I thought SpyMonkey's new show 'Cooped' would be good. But I was slightly disappointed.

It was billed as Mills & Boon rewritten by Monty Python. (I hate Monty Python to be honest). Anyway so we went trip-trip-trip billygoats gruff to see Cooped at the Leicester Square Theatre. This clip actually makes it seem less good than it was. It is certainly very piss taking and surreal. But they all insisted in taking their clothes off again!

I overheard this in the loo after the show:

Girl One: "Really horrible willies"
Girl Two: "Oh yeah!"

It was an enjoyable night - I do like this theatre - and parts of the show were very funny. But it wasn't as good as the little snippet they did at Miss Behave's show accompanied by the tune 'Di Gue Ding Ding' Naturally I do have this piece of music at home and dance around to it. Often.

-Do I win the prize for the most links in one post?



No comments: