Monday 14 July 2008

Back in the Land of Proper Employment

Sock Monkey has only gone and got a proper job! I won't know what has hit me come 20 August when I start.

For the last year Sock Monkey has been working freelance and having a very nice time, thank you very much. I have been skipping from job to job, where people are so glad to see an extra pair of hands that they treat you like royalty (well except for C&B but they are horrid to everyone), you get paid handsomly and in all of the jobs I've had this past year I've had next to nothing to do. In one of them I constantly ran out of things to Google. There's now nothing I don't know about Margaret Rutherford or Hattie Jacques thanks to having 8 hours a day at a computer and next to nothing to do after about 10am every morning.

Its been like a little holiday-ette. With pay.

Now I've joined the real world again. Proper job, 5 days per week, back to production meetings and office politics. And all for a really rubbish salary! Hooray for publishing!

However, my new employer seems very nice, it had a great atmosphere and we do nice books. And the location is easy for me to get to. The only downside is that I am going to be extremely skint and may possibly have to become a freegan in order to eat (that is rummage through bins looking for scraps). But you can't have everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I am glad you are finally gainfully employed, except that you won't be able to come and see me because you'll be poor and not have any holiday time anyway.
Oh well, when our ship comes in, hahaha, I will come over to London. I can hardly wait!!
Love, fionna

Anonymous said...

25 days annual leave...