Thursday 17 July 2008

More Stupid Pubilshing Things

Further to my occasional series 'Books with Stupid Titles' I have decided to have another occasional series entitled 'Idiot Printers'. (and I have one particular printer in mind at the moment as well).

This is the more or less exact wording of an enclosure note I received in a parcel today (obviously my real name isn't Sock Monkey):

"Dear Sock Monkey

Please kindly find the enclosed thing for your reference

Regards,
Stupid Printer

'Thing'?? Why thank you. That was most helpful and informative.

I suppose I should be glad they actually bothered to put a letter in the parcel at all - they normally just send stuff and not bother to say what it is or what it is for.

And you should see the emails we get. The Engish is so bad I assumed it was from a Chinese person. But oh no she is English, based in the UK.

No comments: