Monday 28 July 2008

Food Dangers

Following on from "Rather Unfortunate Lamb Shank Injury"
and the 'Cannelloni Injury", Sock Monkey has sustained yet another tomato-based food injury.


After making a huge steaming vat of bolognaise sauce last night, Sock Monkey attempted to pour some of it into a bowl. However, Sock Monkey's pans are bloody heavy. They are made out of copper & steel and weigh a tonne even when they are empty. So holding the pan with one hand whist trying to ladle the molten larva tomato & beef concoction with the other was a bit difficult and, after much wobbly-ness of hand, a huge dollop of it splattered down the kitchen cupboard and all over my foot. My bare foot. Ooch indeed.

I couldn't be arsed to run my paw under the tap for God-knows how long so I just wrapped a tea towel dripping with cold water around my injury and hobbled off to sit down and scoff my dinner and watch a documentary.

I did look a bit like a someone suffering from trench foot or something but at least, for once, I didn't burn the inside of my mouth to smithereens as well. Like I usually do. I find pizzas can be particularly dangerous.

No comments: