Monday 12 May 2008

The Weekend at Sock Monkey Mansions

So I had a rather nice weekend.

Friday I met my friend Angela for a couple of drinks in out usual haunt in Balham. hadn't seen her in months so it was nice to catch up. Even if she was a bit hacked off about a) her house hunting, b) her telephone engineer, c) her car windscreen exploding when she was washing it (lucky escape if you ask me).

Saturday I arranged to meet The Girls Splinter Group for a picnic. We met up at High Street Kensington, bought loads of nice food and proceeded to sit in the park and stuff our faces for the next few hours. I had intended to bring Swingball but as I was going out afterwards thought better of it.

After stuffing my face and gossiping with The Girls I met Andrew. We went for dinner (I must have been on some sort of Eat-a-Thon on Saturday) then we went Trip-Trip-Billygoats-Gruff down to the Soho Theatre to see Dina Martina. We won prizes! Actually you didn't have to do anything other than put your hand up to get a prize. I 'won' some streaky bacon patterned sweets. I'll never eat it - it looks absolutely vile.


Sunday I lay in the garden for approximately 30 minutes, decided it was way too hot for a Sock Monkey and decided to lie my sofa watching tv instead. Wasted day? hell no I also cooked and did laundry (laundry is my WORST hated thing in the world.).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you ate another thing all day. I was stuffed!
Here is a list of things we had on the picnic shower curtain (i'm sure i will miss things out)

prawns
french stick
tortillas
a pack of various Italian meats
one slab (big) of blue cheese
one slab (big) of Spanish Cheese
crab pate
crackers
strawberries
wine
wine
wine

I've forgotten things, I know.

There are only three in the splinter.